We’re excited to be partnering with Operation Christmas Child this year to bring gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need in over 100 countries around the world.
At face value, your Operation Christmas Child shoebox may just be a cardboard carton filled with toys, soap, and stickers, but by packing a box with Operation Christmas Child you are bringing hope, healing and sending a message to children all over the world they are loved and valued.
Wondering How to Pack a Shoebox?…It’s easy!
Fill your shoebox with simple gifts… and aim to include something from each of the 6 categories
- Something to wear
- Something to play with
- Something for school
- Something to love
- Something special
- Something for personal hygiene
You can download the full list of gift ideas here and drop off your shoebox/es at Hope Media until Friday, 4 October 2019.
If you’re already a regular OCC shoebox packer, become an ‘Alpaca Shoebox’ Ambassador to help us spread the word and get as many boxes packed as possible this year!
As an Ambassador, you’ll receive a super cute Alpaca Shoebox soft toy to help you on your mission!
Your official ‘Alpaca Shoebox’ Ambassador role will involve:
- Helping to spread the word about Operation Christmas Child
- Pack shoeboxes and drop them off to Hope 103.2 (or your nearest Operation Christmas Child drop-off point)
- Get your friends, family, community or church group packing shoeboxes
- Share your shoebox-packing journey with family and friends on social media using #alpacashoebox #illpackavanwithhope @sydneyshope1032 @occ_anz
- Chat with Hopeland about your shoebox-packing journey
- Write a letter for the child who’ll receive your shoebox, and include it in the box
- Include a $10 donation to cover the cost of shipping your box and discover where your shoebox lands by using the ‘Follow Your Box’ label
By packing a box with Operation Christmas Child you are bringing hope, healing and sending a message to children all over the world they are loved and valued.
We Need You — Get Your Nomination in Now!
Become an ‘Alpaca Shoebox’ Ambassador today….