From humble beginnings in 1953 as a Christian content production facility in Five Dock, Sydney, to a modern, purpose-built radio facility in Seven Hills, Western Sydney opened in 2002-Hope 103.2 has witnessed a number of changes along the way.
Now, with the launch of Inspire Digital and an ever-improving website, Hope Media is well prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the digital media era.
Hope 103.2’s Story Milestones
- In 1953 Rev Vernon Turner starts the Christian Broadcasting Association Limited (CBA), as a non-profit content production facility at Five Dock, Sydney. Programs were provided free to commercial stations.
- A new building and production facilities are officially opened by the Governor of New South Wales in March 1960.
- In March 1979 CBA starts broadcasting as 2CBA FM under the 103.2 MHz licence granted the year before. The application for the licence had been made in 1956!
Phillip Randall, an experienced radio manager, is appointed Managing Director of CBA in 2000.
- In May 2002 the station starts broadcasting as FM103.2 – The Heart of Sydney from new facilities at Seven Hills, Western Sydney.
- FM103.2 becomes Hope 103.2 in December 2008
- Inspire Digital is launched in 2011.