Listen: Athlete, pastor and author Stephen Liggins chats about his new book, ''The Good Sporting Life – Loving and Playing Sport as a Follower of Jesus'
Aussies love their sport – and the pandemic has only continued to cement how tightly Australian culture is connected with it.
Getting back into sport and fitness has been considered a lifesaver for some people who felt isolated during lockdown. So, we know exercise and community activities play a critical role in our emotional and physical health but have you ever considered the role sport plays in your spiritual health, too?
Athlete, pastor and author Stephen Liggins discusses this very thing with Hope 103.2’s Katrina Roe in his new book, The Good Sporting Life – Loving and Playing Sport as a Follower of Jesus.
“The power of sport-to captivate the heart, inspire the imagination, and even shape nations-means we must think carefully and wisely as Christian competitors, coaches, parents, and passionate fans.”
Author Stephen Liggins on Faith and Sport
- The benefits of getting involved in sport?
- Why was there a need for a book about the intersection between sport and Christian faith?
- Does the Bible talk about sport?
- Is sport a fertile ground for ministry?
- What are the main challenges for Christians in elite sport?
- Can there be such a thing as too much sport?
Check out his full interview with Hope 103.2 in the player above.