Christmas in July by the fireside… making the most of the cold change, and enjoy quiet times by the fireplace.
If you don’t have a fireplace… Don’t worry! You can make this fake fireplace to get the those wintery Christmas vibes. Looking for ideas of how to rewind back to a time of spending time by the fireplace with plenty of Christmas in July vibes? We’ve got you covered.
Why we celebrate
Re-reading the reason for the season. Christmas in July is the perfect opportunity to reflect on the reason we celebrate Christmas, as a part of our everyday. Spend some time reading the reason we celebrate and reflecting on how that gift from God has changed not just the world but your world.
Here are some reading plans, devotions and podcast to guide you through reflecting on the reason for the season this Christmas in July.
- Simon Manchester looks at Luke 1 to explore the 3 most valuable things in the world.
- Have a listen to why the Christmas song The Magnificat, Mary’s Song, is Mike Frost’s favourite.
- Watch a Christmas message from Steve Wakeford.
- Work your way through the Real Hope Meaning of Christmas 5 day devotion plan.
- Check out this Animated Christmas Story, perfect for young kids to watch and reflect on why we celebrate Christmas.
Make a night of it
Create the perfect wintery Christmas vibes by the fireplace with this s’more’s recipes that you can make in a fireplace or without just an oven. Add some hot chocolate and then top it off with one of these Christmas popcorn recipes. Get a sugar rush with Santa crunch popcorn or add some spice with spiced sugar and Christmas popcorn.
Pop in your favourite Christmas movie and enjoy a cosy night in. Need some Christmas movie inspiration then check out our recommendation on the Hopeland Christmas in July Christmas Movie Mixtape.