12 Podcasts to listen to…
We’ve pulled together a list of great Christian, Christmas and general podcast episodes to listen to while doing your Christmas preparation.
1. Real Hope Conversations, A Heart of Thanksgiving. Spend time reflecting on all the things you have to be thankful to our Heavenly Father for this year, with special guest John Scott.
2. This Cultural Moment. An Australian podcast about following Jesus in the post-Christian world. It’s a collaboration between John Mark Comer of Bridgetown Church in Portland, USA, and Mark Sayers of Red Church in Melbourne, Australia.
3. Hope Book Club, Thought-Provoking Fiction. Hope 103.2’s Katrina Roe and Centre for Public Christianity’s Natasha Moore review books that will enrich your life. In this episode, they talk about some books that will give you plenty to ponder.
4. Godwink Christmas Stories. This limited series by a New York Times bestselling author and his wife looks at true-life Christmas stories of extraordinary “Godwinks”.
5. Australia’s Invisible History, Meg McKay Outback Angel. Join author Katrina Roe and The Outback Historian Dr Paul Roe as they dig up the buried stories and history of inspiring Australian’s of faith.
6. Let’s Nerd Out on Christmas. Christianity Today talks to Tim Larsen, the editor of The Oxford Handbook of Christmas, a 656-page book all about the world’s biggest holiday. They discuss why Christians used to love Santa, how KFC became a Japanese Christmas tradition, and how the holiday went from a day of rowdiness to one spent with friends and family.
7. Real Hope Conversations, Dreams and Plans. This podcast with Elyse Murphy delves deeper into the topic of the dreams and the plans God has written on your heart.
8. Undistracted, Mac Powell. “Most things we don’t figure out, but there is purpose in trying”. Listen to Laura Bennett and singer-songwriter Mac Powell (Third Day) delve into that idea.
9. Sport 3:16, Nicola McDermott. Graeme “The Prawn” Burrill and Daniel “Freddo” Frendo talk to Olympian Nicola McDermott about her experiences and successes on the world athletics tour.
10. Tinsel Tunes, The Christmas Music Podcast. This Podcast series delves into Christmas music in detail, all the fun and interesting facts to get you in the Christmas sprit. From classics to modern Christmas songs, it also explores compositions, and plays lots of music.
11. Finding Hope: Jon Owen, The Man Who Opened His Home To Strangers. For 25 years, Jon has opened his heart and home to people in desperate need of shelter, food and a little bit of love. In this podcast, host Georgia Free talks to him about his experiences.
12. Real Hope Daily. Follow along with 3-4 minute daily Christmas-themed devotions in the lead up to Christmas.
Visit Real Hope Daily
Check back Monday on our 12 Days of Christmas Page for 12 Things to Reflect On.